Tuesday 10 March 2015

My Bold Step to Open my Dance School

Sometimes you have to take a bold step in your life to reach your aim in life. I had to go against my parents to achieve my goal in life. When I was small I liked dancing and wanted to be a choreographer. I joined dance classes when I was in fourth standard. I used to take part in dance competitions in my school and won many prizes. I won many prizes in Inter-school and state level competitions.  After my school, I did my English honors from Delhi University.

When my father asked me about what I will do next after studies, I told him that I want to be a choreographer. He was against my decision and told me to look for another career option as this would not help me in my life. I told him that I have a dream of opening my dance school. It was very difficult to convince him, but I finally managed to convince him.

I joined as a choreographer in a dance group. Our dance group used to give stage performances and over time our group became very popular. After a few months, due to internal clashed between the group members our dance group got split. Now, I was thinking that what I should do next. I had two options, either to join a dance group again or to open a dance school of my own. I decided that I should now open a dance school of my own.

The money which I earned when I was a choreographer in the dance group was not enough to open the dance school. I told about this to my father and he told me that I will give you the rest of the money which you require. I belonged to a middle class family and I know it was very difficult for my father to arrange money for my school in such a short time.

I started searching for a property to take on rent and found it in Central Delhi. As soon as I got the possession I started the dance school. The location was good and I started getting a good response within fifteen days. I enrolled 50 students in the first month and the number of students increased day by day. After two years, I earned a good amount of money and bought a property of my own. Now, I am running my dance school on my own property and my earnings have increased.

I took the bold step and opened a dance school of my own and now happy with the decision I took. I knew that I was doing the right thing. You have to believe in yourself and be confident of what you are doing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment